My photo
Hedonist. Adventurer, Artist, Photographer, Poet, Revolutionary.

Monday, July 13, 2009

Slow day

Its been a day of rest, recovering from last nights' drinking. I got up and walked down the street to find a power converter. Came back and started charging my camera. Then I went for a short trip to the local Anarchist bookstore: Black Rose Books.
Caught a bus, found my stop and wandered around. I found the spot, but they had a sign on the door announcing they were closed due to a lack of volunteers - a nice lady at the gothic clothes shop next door said they were open on weekends only now.

the neighborhood was pretty cool, lots of greek and thai cultures. The area I was in is called Newtown and the strip of shops was a mix of food, hair salons, gothic and fetish gear. The Specials are playing a show there in a few weeks and I'd like to check it out if i can afford it.

Australia is proving to be a bit more expensive than I had counted on. I think i'll be ok once I can get to my budget, but there have been a few expenses in the first couple days that I needed... the power converter, bus passes, and I got some earrings so my holes don't close up while i'm here.

I was walking around after being turned away at the bookshop and I asked a guy with tattered clothes and purple scruffy hair where the nearest piercing shop was... he pointed me the way I had came from. I made my way to the shop he had described, and when I walked in the door, the guy behind the counter was wearing a hoodie from High Priestess Piercing in Eugene. We made small talk about oregon and the local piercing scene... they had tons of pictures of suspensions they had seen when they were touring Eugene's scene. Got my plugs, they gave me a deal, but they were still expensive.

Made my way back to the warehouse, taking pictures of street art along the way. Once I got back here I took some pics of the place and am now just finding myself relaxing, resting up for a trip to the country tomorrow... they said i'd probably see some kangaroos out there. yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment