My photo
Hedonist. Adventurer, Artist, Photographer, Poet, Revolutionary.

Friday, July 17, 2009

Quick update from the feild

Came out to the festival site two days ago. I'm working here to help get the area ready in exchange for room and board. I could also go to the festi free, but my flight home is before the event so I probably won't be here when it goes on, unless unseen events decide I should stay...

The area is beautiful, lush wooded area, the House I'm staying in is the property owners guest house, it has 6 bedrooms full of bunk beds, 2 bathrooms a decent kitchen and a large living room area. There have been 5 of us here the whole time and a few that come and go from Sydney. We're mosly clearing brush and trees out, making room for the 1500 people who are expected for the event to camp and party. It's about a 35acre piece of land with a river running along one edge.

My companions are a German named Timor, a New Zealander - Charolette, and the Aussies - Matt, Tim, and Dane. The owner of the land is an Aboriginal Australian named Cole. Another Aussie, Dylan just came in today.

Theres a few dogs, goats, ponies and a turkey.

In the last few days I have: milked a goat, driven on the opposite side of the road than im used to, taken a chainsaw blade to the face, seen wild kangaroo, had a wild bearded dragon climb on me, just to get started...

Unfortunatley the Internet is too slow to u/l pics but I'll be sure to do that before too long. Notsure what my plans are from here. I'll be sure to keep you posted

No comments:

Post a Comment