My photo
Hedonist. Adventurer, Artist, Photographer, Poet, Revolutionary.

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Finished up with work, ready for the summer.

Seasonal work is great, it allows me to change up my focus every few months, keeping away some of the monotony I felt when I was still working a 9-5 m-f gig. Yesterday my 3 months of work taking people out camping was over.

I have about a month of no plans. well, vague plans; there's a few festivals and shows i'd like to go to, maybe a party here and there. Then, mid-july, i'm off for an adventure in Australia. I'm hoping to take a lot of pictures and explore a good amount of the area, maybe even make a trip or two to other places nearby.

Today was the first day I've woken up free and clear.... days to spend as i choose... in a few months, i'm enjoying it. but, for the first time since i began this particular seasonal job, i miss working a bit, i could stand to do another couple weeks.

I think my willingness to keep working at this point has a few reasons: less personal tragedy this season than prior ones; i wasn't working directly with the groups as much - more kitchen work, which i really enjoy, a good final program including the downpour on the final morning; i had good spacing of time off throughout my season; and I met some interesting people and made friends this season whom i hope to run into again.


that said, i'm glad to be free again & ready for adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment